Subscribe to our podcast to automatically download the weekly Bible teaching.
The Gospel of John was written so that we would believe that Jesus is the Christ [the Messiah], the Son of God; and that believing we could have life in his name.
Isaiah 42:1-3 Jesus fulfilled this prophecy.
John 5:30-57 The testimony that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God
Jesus? testimony was not simply his own. There was more of a witness than just one man?s words. Nu 35:30; De 17:6; 19:15; Mt 18:16; Jo 8:13-18; 2 Co 13:1; 1 Ti 5:19
- The testimony of John the Baptist: Jo 5:33-35; Jo 1:31-34; Mk 11:27-33
- The testimony from the works of Jesus: Jo 5:36; Mt 11:2-6; Jo 10:24-25; 37-38
- The testimony from the Father: Jo 5:37-38; baptism (Mt 3:16-17; Mk 1:11; Lk 3:21-22); Mount of Transfiguration (Mt 17:5-6; Mk 9:7; Lk 9:35; 2 Pt 1:16-18); after a prayer of Jesus (Jo 12:27-30).
- The testimony from Scripture: Jo 5:39-47; Lk 16:19-31; 18:31-33; 24:25-27, 44-45
The resurrection and the holy spirit also give testimony to Jesus
- The resurrection testifies about Jesus: Ro 1:1-4; 1 Co 15:3-6
- The holy spirit testifies about Jesus: Jo 15:27; Ac 1:8
Matthew 16:13-17; John 6:44
God draws people to understand and believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
What do you think about Jesus?